The fastest growing crypto platform, Crypto.com, has signed its first pre-registration agreement with Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) in Canada on August 15.This agreement was recognised through a collaborative Canadian Securities Administration (CSA) initiative by the OSC and all Canadian jurisdictions, making Crypto.com the first crypto platform that is currently operating in Canada in accordance with nation’s regulatory effort. According to the terms of the agreement, Crypto.com will work with the OSC to offer a selection of crypto products and services of Canadian citizens that are fully compatible with Canadian regulations. This initiative builds on the current regulation of Crypto.com in Canada by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) and Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) of Quebec.
Compliance is the foundation of all we do at Crypto.com, according to CEO Kris Marszalek. “We are delighted to cooperate with the OSC and the CSA in enabling Canadian clients access to a safe, secure, and dependable worldwide platform,” the company stated. “The crypto industry has considerable growth potential in the North American market, and Canada in particular.”
With more than 50 million global users, Crypto.com actively expands and grows its ecosystem. With this announcement, the crypto platform continues to gain regulatory licences.
The crypto platform received the following approvals in the last few months:
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore has given its preliminary clearance.
- South Korean functional VASP approval
- Preliminary approval and VASP licence from the Dubai virtual assets regulatory authority.
- Operational approval with the Organismo Agenti e Mediatori in Italy (OAM)
- Complete operational approval with the Hellenic Capital Market Commission in Greece
- Approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission of Cyprus and received Cayman Islands Monetary Authority regulatory clearance.